Prepare for your GESE Grade 2 exam
What's in the exam?
GESE Grade 2 (A1) takes 6 minutes. It's a one-to-one conversation with a Trinity examiner.
What is the exam like?
Watch Ceren, Saliha and Vojtech taking the GESE Grade 2 exam:
Results and certificates
After the test you will receive an exam report form with your provisional result (Pass or Fail) - see examples of exam report forms below.
Candidates in the UK can usually expect to receive their Trinity SELT certificate within 7 days.
What study help is available?
- Use our free self-study Preparation Activities for GESE Grade 2 to practise your English.
- Read about what is required for GESE Grade 2 in Trinity's GESE Exam information booklet. Pages 11, 12, 16, 17 and 61 relate to GESE Grade 2.
- Trinity's GESE Initial Steps - Guide for teachers, Grades 1-3 also contains useful activities and advice that candidates may find useful.
- Other study materials are available from the Trinity Shop.
- GESE Grade 2 - Classroom activity 1 - Household objects and rooms
- GESE Grade 2 - Classroom activity 2 - My friends
- GESE Grade 2 - Classroom activity 3 - Numbers and objects
- GESE Grade 2 - Classroom activity 4 - indicating position and describing people
- GESE Grade 2 - Classroom activity 5 - pets, household objects, position
- GESE Grade 2 - Classroom activity 6 - stating simple facts and asking simple questions
Exam Report Form samples for GESE Grade 2
Your provisional results show how you performed in your exam. Here are some examples of an exam report form at different levels of achievement:
- Sample GESE Grade 2 exam report form (A score)
- Sample GESE Grade 2 exam report form (B score)
- Sample GESE Grade 2 exam report form (C score)
- Sample GESE Grade 2 exam report form (D score)