Prepare for your GESE Grade 5 exam
What is in the exam?
The exam is 10 minutes long. There are two parts:
- Topic: You choose a topic to prepare in advance of the test, for discussion with the examiner. You must complete a Topic Form in advance and bring it with you to the exam.
- Conversation: You have a short conversation with the examiner about two subject areas chosen by the examiner.
What is the exam like?
Watch Aslam and other candidates taking the GESE Grade 5 exam:
Results and certificates
After the test you will receive an exam report form with your provisional result (Pass or Fail) - see examples of exam report forms below.
Candidates in the UK can usually expect to receive their Trinity SELT certificate within 7 days.
What study help is available?
- GESE Grade 5 - Classroom activity 1 - Favourite things
- GESE Grade 5 - Classroom activity 2 - Topic development and practice
- GESE Grade 5 - Classroom activity 3 - Preparing for the Conversation phase
- Read about the format and language required for GESE Grade 5 in Trinity's GESE Exam information booklet. Pages 20, 21, 26, 27 and 62 relate to GESE Grade 5.
- Trinity’s GESE Elementary Steps: Guide for teachers, Grades 4-6 also contains useful activities and advice that candidates may find useful.
Exam Report Form samples for GESE Grade 5
Your provisional results show how you performed in your exam. Here are some examples of an exam report form at different levels of achievement:
- Sample GESE Grade 5 exam report form (AA scores)
- Sample GESE Grade 5 exam report form (AB scores)
- Sample GESE Grade 5 exam report form (BC scores)
- Sample GESE Grade 5 exam report form (CD scores)
- Sample GESE Grade 5 exam report form (DD scores)