ESOL Skills for Life
Trinity’s ESOL Skills for Life (QCF) qualifications (Entry 1 - Level 2) are transitioning to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The exam format and qualification titles/numbers will remain unchanged.
Trinity ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are for people aged 16 and over who live in the UK and need English for everyday life and for work. They are designed to help people progress into mainstream English education and employment.
Trinity ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are available at five levels from Entry 1 - Level 2.
There are three individual Awards and an overarching ESOL Skills for life Certificate when every unit has been passed. Each award is a qualification in its own right.
- Speaking and Listening
- A Trinity ESOL Skills for Life Certificate is awarded when Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening exams have been passed at the same level.
Exam specifications and teaching resoures
Find ESOL Skills for Life (QCF) exam specifications and teaching resources for each level:
- For current (QCF) exams - download FAQs and Tips for preparing candidates for work-based tasks
- For exams based on specifications from September 2017 - visit FAQs for exams from December 2017
- Download Qulification titles and reference numbers
- Download an overview factsheet
For more information and to find out how you can offer Trinity ESOL Skills for Life qualifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees and exam sessions
Vist exam administration for information and guidance about booking and running exams.
Visit www.gov.uk for current SFA funding rules for ESOL Skills for Life funding and further information.
Tests for pre-Entry level candidates
For people who aren’t yet ready for an Entry 1 qualification, Trinity’s Step 1 and 2 exams provide the chance to mark their progress while building up to take an Ofqual regulated Entry Level qualification.