B2 SELT – ISE II
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level B2 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa (although UKVI requires a B2 test, some institutions require C1 — please check with your sponsor)
Trinity’s ISE II exam = CEFR B2.
Prepare for your test
Visit ISE II (B2) teaching and learning support resources to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for this exam.
|Teaching and learning support resources||SELT preparation courses|
Book your test
You must take exams for visas at a SELT centre.
|Book Birmingham||Book Glasgow||Book Leeds|
|Book London Croydon||Book London Hammersmith||Book London Holborn|
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity’s SELT Centre Candidate ID policy
- Remember to bring your topic notes, a diagram, or a mind map to the exam for discussion with the examiner - see Guide for Students – ISE II
Results and certificates
Results will be issued and sent usually within 21 days of taking your ISE test. When you receive your ISE results, you will also receive:
- a diagnostic report for each skill showing how you performed in the test
- a certificate - when you pass both parts of the test (Speaking & Listening, Reading & Writing)
Visit our Understanding your ISE results page for:
- Information for if you pass or fail
- Understanding your diagnostic report
- ISE scoring information
- How to improve your skills if you have failed
What do CEFR, SELT and ISE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English