The need for teachers with high quality, internationally recognised English language teaching qualifications has never been greater.
The role of English as the pre-eminent language of professional and social exchange between speakers of other first languages is likely to grow, while two billion people are expected to study and learn English in the next decade.
Trinity is a leading provider of qualifications for teachers in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). We have been validating courses and awarding qualifications, for over 30 years, and ours are among the most widely recognised and respected in the industry.
Teacher training qualifications to suit you
Whether you are starting out on an English language teaching career, or looking to step up to a more senior teaching or management post, Trinity has a qualification for you.
Trinity qualifications are widely recognised by employers and education authorities around the world. There are over 100 Trinity validated course providers offering a range of both full and part-time TESOL courses worldwide. Each centre has different course dates and sets its own fees, so please contact individual centres to find out more information on a course that is appropriate for you.
Keep me informed
To be kept up to date with all the latest news from Trinity College London, including syllabus updates, events and new products, please register on the Keep Me Informed page.
- The Trinity Certificate in TESOL is an initial teacher training qualification that will equip you with the basic skills and knowledge to take up a first post as an ESOL teacher.
DipTESOL and FTCL TESOL
- The Trinity Diploma in TESOL is a qualification for experienced teachers of ESOL, designed to encourage the development of professional knowledge and expertise and refine practical teaching skills.
- The Fellowship Diploma in TESOL Education Studies is a qualification for experienced TESOL professionals and senior practitioners designed to recognise achievements such as programme and product development.
Please see links to left.
- Trinity offers a range of qualifications tailored to meet the needs of English language teachers, such as business English teaching (Cert IBET), teaching young learners (TYLEC), or teaching with technology (CertICT). Many of these are offered in partnership with other specialist organisations.
- Trinity also designs a range of Joint Certificates in TESOL to meet the needs in methodology and language development of teachers in particular countries or regions.
Please see links to left.
Trinity’s TESOL qualifications are accredited on the qualifications framework as follows:
- PTLLS: Level 4
- CertTESOL: Level 5
- Diploma TESOL: Level 7
- FTCL Diploma: Level 7
Trinity’s TESOL qualifications are welcomed by the British Council for new and experienced teachers in their accredited teaching organisations in the UK, and in their own teaching centres worldwide. They are also accepted by most employers worldwide.
Teachers hoping to teach in mainstream education (primary, secondary, tertiary) should always check the requirements of that particular sector, in country, before embarking on a training course.
Trinity is a member of professional language organisations worldwide, including the European Association for Quality Language Services (EAQUALS), the European Associating for Language Testing And Assessment (EALTA), the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL), Quality in TESOL Education (Quite) and The Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE).
Lifelong Learning Sector
Offered in the UK only, Trinity offers a top up PTLLS qualification tailored to those working in the lifelong learning sector.