English exams accepted by the UK Border Agency
All Trinity exams are running as usual – they're unaffected by the recent news stories about exam security.
UK Settlement (B1 and above) from 28 October 2013
Vist the UKBA-Home Office website to learn about the changes to requirements that came into effect on 28 October 2013. This tells you about the need to pass the government's Life in the UK test (this is NOT a Trinity test) plus requirements for speaking and listening quailfications in English.
The following Trinity English language speaking & listening exams are accepted and included in the UKBA list of recognised English tests and qualifications.
- GESE, Speaking & Listening exam at Grade 5 (B1) or above
- ESOL Skills for Life, Speaking & Listening exam at Entry 3 or above
Tier 1, 2 & 4 immigration (A2, B1, B2, C1, C2)
- Approved exam: ISE exam (A2, B1, B2, C1, C2)
- Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing
- Take the test in 1 day
- Official certificate posted to you within 4 weeks
- Approximate cost £125
Spouse/ partner visa (A1)
- Approved exam: GESE Grade 2 exam (A1)
- Speaking & Listening
- 6 minute exam
- Immediate provisional results (pass or fail)
- Official certificate posted to you within 4-6 weeks
- Approximate cost £105
How long is my certificate valid for?
To see how long your certificate is valid for, for immigration purposes, please click here.