Certificate in International Business English Training (Cert IBET)
Changes to the Certificate in International Business English Training (CertIBET) qualification
Trinity College London regularly reviews its teaching qualifications portfolio and as part of this process therefore, the CertIBET qualification will no longer be awarded by Trinity College London. Final Trinity certificates for the CertIBET will be issued in December 2018.
The course content for the CertIBET will continue to be owned and offered by English UK under the CertIBET name. All CertIBET certificates issued to date remain valid and will continue to be internationally recognised as a quality professional development qualification.
All queries relating to CertIBET certification should be directed to email@example.com.
The Cert IBET aims to meet the needs of business English trainers to enhance their skills and expertise, to increase their employability prospects in the sector, and improve their ability to deliver a quality product to potential clients.
This international qualification is offered in partnership by English UK and Trinity College London. Course validation and administration is carried out by English UK, while Trinity handles the moderation of course assignments.
- See List of approved course providers for availability details.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is suitable for qualified ESOL/EFL trainers wishing to develop their expertise in business English teaching.
Applicants must have an initial teaching qualification such as the Trinity College London CertTESOL. Candidates without an initial qualification but with relevant EFL/ESOL experience may also be eligible - please refer to the course provider(s) that interest you for more information. Experience of business English training and access to business English learners is also desirable. Applicants should have a minimum level of English equivalent to Trinity ISE III, IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 627 or CEFR C1
What can the Cert IBET do for you?
- Give you greater confidence in your ability to deliver practical and relevant professional English training.
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to become an effective and successful professional English trainer.
- Improve your career prospects and earning potential with a qualification that has international currency.
- Achieve the quality standard that will give you an advantage in a competitive industry.
- Demonstrate to clients and employers that you are qualified to train in the field of professional English.
- Build on your TEFL Certificate qualification and gain a respected international qualification from a trusted awarding body with over 70 years’ experience in English language testing.