Flexible graded exams encouraging singers to perform to their strengths
The music you want to sing
The performer you want to be
The recognition you deserve
The Singing 2018-2021 syllabus
New 2018-2021 syllabus now available - valid from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2021.
Get a taster of some of the songs and exercises from the 2018-2021 syllabus by downloading a free sample booklet. The booklet features free songs and exercises across a range of levels, styles and languages for you to explore.
Register your interest
Stay up to date with news about the new Singing syllabus, publications and professional development programmes, as well as giveaways and offers.
Enter for a Singing exam
Online booking for Spring 2018 is currently available in the UK.
There are two ways to book an exam:
- download an entry form here and send it with the full fee to your local representative, or
- book online (UK only) using Trinity's new music booking service, currently being piloted at selected UK centres. The service allows booking and payment online, and the ability to choose a date at the point of booking.
Please note: you should read the syllabus requirements carefully before your exam. If you do not meet all the relevant requirements, the examiner may refer your exam result to Trinity’s London office for review and marks may be deducted. Please see Information and Regulations and Syllabus infringements for more information.
Supporting Singing publications
The following books supporting the syllabus will be available to buy in October:
Graded Singing repertoire books (Initial-Grade 8)
- Available for Singing for the first time
- Feature songs in a range of languages, from a range of international composers
- Include informative teaching notes and translations of non-English texts
- Accompanied by CDs with piano accompaniments and audio pronunciation guides by native speakers of the songs’ languages
Vocal Exercises book (Initial-Grade 8)
- Features three exercises per grade, six at Grades 6-8
- Provides exercises for pitch and tone, rhythm, and diction
- Includes full lyrics
Trinity also publishes the following series:
Visit our online shop
The Singing 2015-2017 syllabus and overlap arrangements
There will be a one-year overlap between syllabuses during which time candidates may offer songs and technical work requirements from either the 2015-2017 or 2018-2021 syllabus, but not a mixture of both. There is no overlap for supporting tests, and the previous aural tests and improvisation tests can therefore no longer be used.
Singing sight reading
Full details of entry procedures and exam regulations can be found in our Information & Regulations booklet.
Specifications for aural tests and improvisation tests changed for all instruments on 1 January 2017. See the supporting tests page for new test specifications and information about sample materials.
Eisteddfod yr Urdd song option
From January 2018, young competitors competing in the Solo Song classes in Eisteddfod yr Urdd may offer their competition piece as one of the songs in their Trinity graded singing exam.
Click here for further details.
Darnau Gosod Eisteddfod yr Urdd
O Ionawr 2018, bydd cystadleuwyr yng nghystadlaethau Unawdau Eisteddfod yr Urdd yn gallu defnyddio darnau gosod yr Eisteddfod ar gyfer eu harholiadau canu unigol gyda Trinity College London.
Cliciwch yma am ragor o wybodaeth.